Sauteed Bitter Gourd and Eggs (Ginisang Ampalaya at Itlog)
*click completed items.
- 1 piece medium size Bitter Gourd (Ampalaya)
- 2 pieces Eggs (the number and size of eggs used is up to your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (adjust according to taste)
- ground Black Pepper (adjust according to taste)
- a pinch of ground Oregano (optional)
- 1 medium size Tomato
- 1 small size Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Cut the bitter gourd in half and take out the pith and the seeds.
- Slice bitter gourd thinly in crosswise halves and set aside.
- Chop tomato and onion and set aside.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Prepare the egg mixture by beating the eggs together with salt, oregano and black pepper in a bowl. Set Aside.
- Heat cooking oil in skillet (frying pan/wok) over medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic and tomato until aromatic.
- Add in the sliced bitter gourd and saute in high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the beaten egg mixture and stir to cook the egg mixture evenly for 1 minute.
DON'T COVER THE PAN TO AVOID A VERY BITTER TASTING DISH.
- Remove from heat and serve.